Revolutionary War in South Carolina - Assignment
Battles of the American Revolution Podcast
Details: As a group of three, you will create a 3- 5 minute podcast about one of the major battles of the American Revolution that occurred in South Carolina. The podcast should sound like a news report that is occurring after the battle has been fought. Everyone in your group should have a speaking part in the podcast.
Requirements: Your podcast must be at least 3 minutes in length and involve all members of your group. There should be at least one interview from someone who participated in your battle. Your podcast should provide the listener with accurate information about the battle. Information that should be a part of your podcast includes:
· Date of the battle
· Location of the battle
· Military leaders (both American and British) involved in the battle
· Detailed events/ Key moments of the battle
· Outcome of the battle
· Importance of the battle
· Any unique or interesting facts that you learn about the battle
Tips for Creating the Podcast:
· All group members must complete a “research” worksheet before they can start writing their script.
· You may use books or the Internet for research. You must cite any source that you use in correct MLA format. Each group will create one bibliography that you will pass in when the project is complete.
· When writing your script, you need to have a newscaster who is reporting on the event and an interviewee who survived the event. The role of the third person is flexible. You may decide that the third person is a second interviewee or an interviewer.
· Since this is an audio only product, remember that voice inflections and emotion will play into making your podcast interesting to others. Amp up the drama!
1. Name of your battle:
2. Date(s) of the battle:
3. Location of the battle:
4. British military leader(s):
5. American military leader(s):
6. Detailed events/ key moments during the battle:
7. Outcome of the battle:
8. Any interesting facts that you learn about the battle:
QR Code - Get the Link!